Yacht Design Awards
After builders and yacht designers enter eligible yachts through the registration process, one individual only will be given a specific password so that they will represent the given vessel. This individual takes on full responsibility for administration of that particular vessel’s information. This individual adds the Nominee detail requirements which should include:
- Interior Designer
- Naval Architect
- Exterior Stylist
- Up to (20) JPEG format photos of the vessel that completely feature the entire interior and exterior of vessel.
- Include additional photos of all technological and innovative features that are noteworthy and which the judges will find of interest.
- Complete Vessel Description: one to three pages long explaining why the yacht is an outstanding design. (We suggest you place description material in a format that will allow you to easily copy/paste on-line.)
- Detailed set of deck layout drawings for each level (JPEG format only)
- Copyright and Privacy: have full permission from the Owner, Photographer, or any other possible copyright interest, that the information posted is allowed to be presented to the public website (a note that we have a private viewing sector for judges) for members voting purposes.
- Provide permission to show five (5) high resolution photographs to be displayed at the Design Awards Gala, and one (1) to be used for printed program and newsletter if yacht is voted by membership to be a finalist.
Yacht Design Awards Judging Process
ISS Members select five (5) finalists that they deem to be the "Best Designs" from each of the six categories nominees listed below.
The nominations are tallied and the top five (5) in each category are designated the finalists.
All finalists are then asked to review and add information if needed for the complete design awards package which will then be analyzed by the Design Awards Distinguished Panel of 12 Judges.
Each Judge is asked to work within a specific and anonymous points system for each vessel; results are tallied by the Awards Committee Chair to determine the winner for each category.
Winners are announced at the ISS Design & Leadership Awards Gala scheduled annually for the opening night (Wednesday) of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.
2018 ISS Yacht Awards and Awards of Distinction Eligibility
Yachts to be nominated by Yacht Builders, Designers & Refit Yards only
- Eligible vessels must be custom built and 24 meters (78ft+) and up
Completed, launched and delivered between Juanuary 01 2017 through December 31 2017.
- Power 24m-40m
- Power 40m-65m
- Power 65m+
- Passenger Yacht Code-PYC Award
- Sail 24m-40m
- Sail 40 M +
- Best Interior – Power or Sail
- Best Refit – Power or Sail
For questions regarding Yacht Nominations contact Vanessa Stuart on +1 954-525-6625 or e-mail email@example.com Yacht Registration closes May 30, 2018
ISS Leadership Award — Nominations sought from ISS Board of Directors and the Previous Leadership Awards Winners whom also serves as the Judges with the previous year winner being the Committee Chairman - sponsored and presented by the Robb Report.
This Award honors an individual (or company) whose distinctive work and commitment to the industry has contributed to the growth of the superyacht community worldwide over the years. The Leadership Award is chosen by the Previous Award Recipients to honor a new award recipient to this distinctive group of Esteemed Industry Individuals.
Innovation Award — Nominations by the Yachting Industry
Open to every aspect of the industry—from crew training to technological advances to environmental stewardship—the Excellence in Innovation award is given to an individual or business that has demonstrated innovation in their endeavours within the previous year.
Person/Business of the Year — Nominations by the Yachting Industry
The ISS Business (Person) of the Year is awarded to those demonstrating excellence in their area of superyacht expertise within the previous year.
Distinguished Crew Award — Nominations by the Yachting Industry
Recognizes yacht crew whose distinguished acts of service best exemplify the standards to which professional yacht crew aspire within the previous year.
ISS Fabien Cousteau Blue Award — Nominations by Owners and Yachting Industry
The ISS Fabien Cousteau Blue Award — Celebrating Active Stewardship of Marine Ecosystems
The ISS Fabien Cousteau Blue Award celebrates stewardship of marine ecosystems. Environmental leadership, global oceanic conservation and resource preservation are prerequisites for nomination. The integration of environmental technologies and resource management with the goal of setting achievable standards and models for wide adaptation in the design, engineering and building of large yachts—and the use of the Earth’s waterways—are essential criteria. Nominations come from the industry. Voting for five finalists is conducted by active ISS membership and the ISS Board of Directors; a panel of judges rates finalists with Fabien Cousteau takes an active role in assessing nominees’ qualifications and environmental mission and making final selection if need be.